Friday, April 1, 2011

Trend: Short Ceremony Dresses

For those that may not be the most traditional bride, a short wedding dress can be a fun and flirty alternative to a full-length gown. Although I personally won't pick a short dress for my big day, I found several adorable options that almost changed my mind!


This first dress is very simple, but the detailing along the bust line and the bow around the empire waist add so much character.  This is a simple way to wear a short dress on your big day.


This is one of my favorites in my compilation of short dresses.  This dress would be beautiful for a brunch wedding or an evening wedding in the heat of the Texas summer. 


The fitted bodice and shorter hemline of this choice adds just a little bit of sex appeal. I envision this dress on a bride in Las Vegas!


The taffeta material of this dress, along with the embellished sash and dramatic train, make it ideal for a more formal affair. The gown has a traditional feel with a not-so-traditional dress pattern. 


It would take a fun and fearless bride to pull off this cutting edge style. The short hem line, asymmetrical neckline, and feather like detail on the skirt are sure to appeal to those who like things a little on the wild side.  


This is hands down my favorite short wedding dress I found while researching this trend. I imagine this look on a preppy bride at a beach wedding. Maybe it's the sun hat I'm a sucker for, but I still love it! 


This sleek and strapless dress can easily be accessorized by adding a beautiful sash. It's no secret that wedding dresses + belts are a hot trend, and I have included a few of my favorites Belting your dress allows you to add a personal touch without deterring from the traditional feel of a wedding dress. You can add color, glitz, texture, or even something dear to your heart, like a piece from a family member's wedding gown. 





There is a time, a place, and a bride for short ceremony dresses. They are certainly not for every girl or for every wedding. What do you think?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails